Sunday, January 18, 2015


Photo: Some members know how to present food really well :D This was after having been given 5 large hot dogs to eat. I felt like I was going to blow up.
Dec 15, 2014
So many errands today.
The mission keeps sending this message to us gringos, so I´ll just paste it so I can say I did it:: "Gringos listen up! Please tell your parents and friends that they should send packages through USPS not UPS. The packages cannot have fruits, jerky, seeds, or dried fruit. If they do, you could end up paying a fine. Please tell your parents this, this week!"

My new companion is named Elder Salgado. It´s a latino last name, but he´s from Texas. He´s really tall and big. President Obeso told be he´s like the guy in "The Blind Side" who´s got a really big heart. Elder Salgado also played football (American). He´s only been active a few years (which is a lot longer than some of my other companions), but he´s got a good understanding of the scriptures and he has really good experiences that he shares in lessons. It´s been a good companionship.

Skype: So, I´m planning on skyping y´all on the 24th at about 6 or 7 o´clock Chilean time, which will be about 1 or 2 o´clock for you. Tell me if that doesn´t work. We´re allowed to skype for 40 minutes maximum, and we can use those minutes in any day between the 24th and the 27th. On the 24th I´ll be eating dinner with a part member family, so I was going to use they´re big TV to skype.

Hey, could you send a Texas sheet cake recipe? Thanks.

Are the workers of Walmart on strike in the USA? They´re on strike here and they said it´s a worldwide thing, so I was just curious. As we were in the line for the cashier, a whole bunch of workers came in blaring horns and whistling, chanting, and being very very loud.

We had a neat devotional with the missionary psychologist for the missionaries in Chile. He talked about the problems of perfectionism. It comes from the desire to follow the Lord´s commandment to be perfect, knowing from 1 Nephi 3:7 that all commandments are possible to follow. However, we can´t be perfect in this life due to our own fallen state. How is this paradox solved? He did in 3 points:

1. We are weak
2. God is powerful
3. Together, we are perfect

When someone is baptized, they should place their arm in the square, but it´s almost never exactly square. Does that make the baptism invalid? No. Even if it´s not perfectly square, we say "that will do" and move on.

I love y´all :D :D :D

-Elder Christopherson

No comments:

Post a Comment