Monday, February 3, 2014

First, I want to thank the Chamberlains, Aunt Gay and the Stenquists, and Kayla Haws for the letters and Christmas Cards. Thanks :D

We got an announcement last week that it´s now illegal in Chile to import dried meat or beef jerky, so don´t include anything like that in future packages. Thanks :)

I´ve eaten so many cherries this week! A lot of people have cherry trees here and everyone gives big bowls of them to us. One lady gave us a liter of homemade cherry juice, which had lots of pulp. Very yummy :D 

Oh! Dad, to answer your question, they sing acapella at church. It´s not the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, that´s for sure.

As a missionary, there are certain questions that always come up about how to be a better missionary/disciple/person. It´s always a struggle to find balance in how to do things right. For example, it´s sometimes tough knowing how to talk to people in the street in such a way where they don´t feel uncomfortable, but they also feel the spirit and accept our invitations. We don´t want to push people and be unnatural, but we do have an objective to invite people to come unto Christ. One of our zone leaders (I had intercambios with him last week) said to be obedient, but be yourself. Follow the rules for the sake of helping people better and not for the sake of following the rules.

I´ve learned a lot about myself as a missionary. When I think of something as a task, my brain locks and I don´t get anything done. When I mentally prepare myself to be excited about something and to make something fun, I´m much more productive. I really really really liked something Tommy said in one of his emails "Come what may and love it!"

Lately, I´ve been able to communicate with people better and better and start to love them more. About 2 weeks ago, something clicked and all of the sudden everything is falling into place. I´ve been really happy these last two weeks. I couldn´t say why it was so difficult before, but these last two weeks, I´ve just learned to love everything. I´ve learned to enjoy the mission, I´ve learned to be friends with strangers. This can all be summed up in one phrase: I´ve developed CHARITY :D :D :D :D :D I´ve never appreciated charity quite so much as now. That divine ability to just love everything, I mean EVERYTHING! The good and the bad. I´ve just felt so much more light and I feel so much more trust and faith in the Lord and I´ve just been so much more content.

I know this church is true! Christ is our savior and it is only through him that we can be saved. I was really touched by the story about Corrie ten Boom in General Conference. I´m sorry... I don´t remember who´s talk it was, but it’s awesome! We need Christ if we want to be more Christ-like.

I love you all. I think about each of you more than you think.

-Elder Connor Christopherson

No comments:

Post a Comment