Sunday, July 14, 2013


Hola everyone!

Phew! Five and a half weeks of the MTC are almost done and it's almost time to leave! I'm so excited!

I already said my basic travel plans in the last email. It's a long time to be travelling! I hope I don't forget all the Spanish I learned over such a long time. :D It'll be scary being in the real world, because everything we do will have serious consequences, whether good or bad. Everyone will recognize us as missionaries and will see what we do as a reflection of the entire church. It's a big responsibility!

This week, I learned a lot about how we can follow the example of Jesus Christ. I know that Christ is supposed to be our perfect example, but I've often thought "Well, ya.... but It's not like I'm going to die on a cross and I probably won't raise anyone from the dead or anything like that." Christ felt like an example that was too perfect to follow. However, we CAN do a lot to develop Christlike characteristics. Christ never ever ever ever ever ever ever turned inward to himself. He ALWAYS tried to help others. When Christ suffered in Gethsemane, he suffered all the pains of the world for us. When he left the garden, weak and in pain, he was betrayed by one of his trusted apostles and taken by a mob. Peter tried to protect Christ by cutting the ear off of one of the members of the mob. Despite the pain that Christ was in, despite being betrayed, despite the fact that he had just suffered all the pains of the world, Christ chose to heal the man's ear. He was worried for the man and his concerns, never mind that Christ had just been condemned to death by a friend. We can follow that example. I know it! It'll be a difficult process to get to that point, but it was never easy for Him. We can set ourselves aside for others even if it means deep, personal sacrifice.
 
I have more I want to say about this, but I need to get my clothes out of the dryer, and I won't be able to get back to a computer after that (because someone else will have taken the computer).
 
I know that Christ is our Savior. He is a perfect example of love, charity, patience, and diligence. I'm so happy to be a missionary. It's such a wonderful opportunity to help others, to invite them to come unto Christ, and to help people change their lives. I'm so excited to get to Chile. I know it will be hard. It will always be hard. I will be rejected and I will be mocked, but if I can bring just one soul to know how much God loves them, that will be enough, because I know I will have done my best, and the Lord takes care of the rest.

Until next week,

Elder Connor Christopherson :D
PS: The photos you sent of Tommy didn't work. Could you try again in another way? Thanks :D Love y'all :D

No comments:

Post a Comment